[TIP] cleanUp for unittest

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:10:58 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:08:58PM +0100, Michael Foord wrote:
-> There is a feature request for unittest that we add a 'cleanUp' list.
->
-> This is a list of functions to call on exit of a test that can be added
-> to in setUp or during test execution. The difference between this and
-> tearDown is that if anything is in the cleanUp list they will be called
-> *even* if setUp fails (which normally means tearDown is skipped).
->
-> Is there consensus that adding this to unittest is a good thing? If
-> there is then I will just do it...
->
-> Should it be done before or after calling tearDown? I don't think it
-> matters so long as it is documented.

Doesn't matter to me, but I'm wondering... why a list of functions?

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu