[TIP] twill spring (Re: Everybody wants a pony!)

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:48:15 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:37:59PM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
> -> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
> -> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:15:32AM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
> -> >
> -> > -> there are plans
> -> > -> to remove wsgi_intercept ...
> -> >
> -> > wsgi-intercept is now a separate package on Google Code,
> -> >
> -> > ? ? ? ?code.google.com/p/wsgi-intercept
> -> >
> -> > maintained by Kumar.
> ->
> -> Well ... I'll be waiting the first release ...
>
> Sorry, I should have said: that takeover happened a while ago, and Kumar
> has fixed bugs while keeping the interface the same -- so I feel
> comfortable letting twill just import it.  So we're making that change
> for twill 0.9.2.

Which means that wsgi_intercept will still be there (as a dependency
... isnt it ? ) but is distributed separately so that people
interested on using it can install it instead of the whole twill
functionality ...

+1 ... If this is the case ... since there are a lot of use cases for
wsgi_intercept without the rest of the twill functionality. Besides
I've also seen that there are intercepts specific for other tools |
frameworks ... which is another reason why IMO this is just fine ...
;)

PD: This reminds me a recent discussion in pydev list about apps |
libs | frameworks packaged in pieces vs «all in one» distribution ...
IMHO this is an example where splitting wsgi_intercept makes sense ...

BTW ... I also think that a mechanism to put multiple pks into a
single one would be beneficial for Py ... similar to e.g. JARs inside
EARs, WARs for Java ... ;) ... or better ... more Py-super-Tonic ...
:o)

... but anyway this is just a comment ... ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Comandos : Pipe Viewer ... ¿Qué está pasando por esta tubería?