[TIP] the best time to start doing a test?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 30 18:35:26 PDT 2008

Pete <pfein at pobox.com> writes:

> Don't expect to drink the full glass of testing Kool Aid right out
> of the gate - it took me several months of to get into the habit of
> writing tests regularly & figuring out how to write good tests.

Yes, it's certainly a mind shift; it helps to have a mentor to
encourage and guide while the change occurs.

> And I'm still not test first. ;-)

Ah well, at least you're writing tests and ensuring full unit test
coverage with a coverage checking tool. Right?

--
 \      “I like my dental hygenist, I think she's very pretty; so when |
  `\    I go to have my teeth cleaned, while I'm in the waiting room I |