[TIP] the best time to start doing a test?

Alfredo Deza arufuredosan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:15:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am fairly new to Python and I have started to develop quite a few scripts.
I hope you guys can give me a hand with my newbie questions...

A Python developer and friend of mine told me to start in the good habit of
writing tests for my code. Although I find this as good practice, I was
wondering when exactly is a good moment (in the coding process) to start
writing a test for it.

Right now I am in the middle of writing a web status script that keeps
getting increasingly more complicated and bulky. Do I have to wait until I
am satisfied with the script and then start writing tests? or should I start
writing tests as soon as I start developing?

Thanks a lot for helping others to improve!

Alfredo Deza