[TIP] why you should distribute tests with your application / module

Kaben Nanlohy kaben.nanlohy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:11:45 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 00:13, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
> Why not make it easy for the users to run the tests when you ask them
> to?  Is there an actual drawback in the face of the potential positives?

Hi Titus, Michael,

I think this is a matter of cost and benefit. If a developer feels
it's worth the resources spent on developing a simple way for
non-developers to download/run/report the tests, or is willing to
commit to the support required to help a confused non-developer do all
of this at the command line, then the developer should do so.

If, on the other hand, he's, say, a new father and a new professor
starting a new lab with a new set of grad students, and has a tendency
to take on three times the work a normal man could handle, or
something like that, well, good luck to him!

-- Kaben