[TIP] why you should distribute tests with your application / module

Bob Clancy bob.clancy at verizon.net
Wed Sep 17 12:02:02 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at  2:38 PM, Jesse Noller wrote:
> Sure, if he wants to start a holy war - the definitions he's using are
> fairly developer centric, rather than testing group specific.

I surely doubt it will go that far!  ;-)

I'd like to understand what terminology is in common use.  I'm serving
as a technical reviewer for someone's upcoming book on Agile Acceptance
Testing.  He follows the standard "get customers and developers (and
analysts if you have them) together in a room for story-writing
workshop" sort of method for defining testcases as examples, that could
then be added to a tool like FIT and used as Acceptance tests.  In my
practice, the most I've ever had was a product manager serving as a
customer proxy.  I have a tendency to want to define tests that are
meaninful at a higher level of workflow than a programmer might normally
be concerned with, but that might not really be useful to customers.
Who has those??? ;-)  Anyway, I think Titus convinced me to call a spade
a spade as doing so will reduce confusion down the road.

I still think his distinction on what's a regression test might be a
little artificial though!

--
Bob