[TIP] why you should distribute tests with your application / module

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed Sep 17 11:56:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:38:34PM -0400, Jesse Noller wrote:
-> On Sep 17, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Grig Gheorghiu <grig at gheorghiu.net> wrote:
->
-> >--- On Wed, 9/17/08, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
-> >
-> >>It's really all about expectations, IMO:
-> >>
-> >>Unit and functional tests tell me when the code fails my
-> >>expectations.
-> >>
-> >>Regression tests tell me when something unexpected happens.
-> >>
-> >>Acceptance tests tell me when the code fails my
-> >>customer's expectations.
-> >
-> >Couldn't have said it better :-) I sense a blog post there, Titus :-)
->
-> Sure, if he wants to start a holy war - the definitions he's using are
-> fairly developer centric, rather than testing group specific

No *true* tester would disagree with my definitions! [0]

Seriously, is there a reason you think that my definitions are poor,
misleading, or how developer-centrism is causing me to miss something?
Enquiring minds want to know...

--titus

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu