[TIP] Fwd: An OO API for doctest / unittest integration...

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:54:43 PDT 2008

2008/9/3, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com>:

> Release 0.1.1 is available now and it fixes these issues. You can
>  download it now and try it out.
>
>  PD: Notice that the files in release 0.1.1 have been recently updated.
>  If any of you downloaded it before then try the latest version.
>  Otherwise some issues may show up.

Oops... It seems a bug is in the air ;)

Yes. Although dutest has been used successfully to test the module
oop.dbc for more than one year... bugs are always there... and I found
one that could prevent people from instantiating the class
DocTestCase. So if you get a message like the following

::

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
     File "/python/lib/site-packages/dutest.py", line 219, in __init__
       super(DocTestCase, self).__init__(None)
     File "/python/lib/unittest.py", line 209, in __init__
       (self.__class__, methodName)
   ValueError: no such test method in <class 'dutest.DocTestCase'>: None

Everything is ok now...

For some reason the bug did not show up in the first two projects I
tested by using dutest. So I apologize (if needed ;) but I did not
know that something was wrong with it.

Since this is major failure, the previous releases (<=0.1.1) are now
hidden in SF.net download area [1]_ and PyPI [2]_. Moreover version
0.1.2 is available from now on. It contains the aforementioned
changes.

.. [1] Sourceforce.net download page (dutest)
      (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=220287&package_id=265911)

.. [2] Python Package Index: dutest
      (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dutest/0.1.2)

--