[TIP] How do I get nose to add the cwd to sys.path?

Daryl Spitzer daryl.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:27:51 PST 2008

Here's what the directory structure looks like:

foo/__init__.py [empty]
foo/bar.py
foo/tests/__init__.py [empty]
foo/tests/bar_tests.py [contains "import bar"]

I'm running `nosetests` from the foo directory.

I read the following in http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/:

"When nose imports a module, it adds that module's directory to
sys.path; when the module is inside of a package, like package.module,
it will be loaded as package.module and the directory of package will
be added to sys.path."

So I expected it to just work.  I'm sure it's user error.  Perhaps I
should try actually creating the files above and see if it works for
them.

> btw, you could also try the nose users list.

Where do I find that?  (I didn't see it on
http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/.)

Thanks.

--
Daryl