[TIP] Where to put unit tests? (What to name subdirectory?)

Daryl Spitzer daryl.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:39:17 PST 2008

>> There is no clear distinction between different types of tests (unit
>> vs. integration, etc.).
>
> You're right, there is no clear distinction.  Don't confuse readers of
> your code by imposing one artificially.

I make a distinction, and I don't think it's imposed artificially.  My
unit tests use test doubles and run very quickly, and do not require
any resources.  Integration tests and system tests may use some test
doubles, but run more slowly and are more likely to require resources
like network storage or databases.

--
Daryl