[TIP] an interesting (academic) talk

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Nov 10 12:52:56 PST 2008

Hi all,

I thought I'd pass on this talk link:

http://people.engr.ncsu.edu/txie/publications/fitnex-msu08.pdf

Tao Xie recently gave this talk at MSU on doing heuristic-directed test
creation based on path coverage in C# and .NET; when we talked later, he
indicated that people at MS were interested in applying this to
IronPython (!?)

I thought it was a good, practical academic talk on how to automatically
generate certain types of tests, and I discussed the idea of applying
it to CPython as a research project.  I'd be interested in your
thoughts...

Oh, and one side note: it was one of the few uses of static typing
information where that info seems genuinely helpful!

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu