[TIP] Thanks! (and a question)

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:50:59 PDT 2008

Hi all,

First, thanks for nose; it's a very useful package.  NumPy is in the
process of switching over to use nose as the testing framework, and
it's been very easy to do. Being able to add coverage just by passing
in some extra arguments was a nice bonus. :)

My question is this: would it be possible to make the test result
object accessible after tests are run?  We'd like to return it to
users (the old test framework did this, and we need backwards
compatibility), but that object seems to get discarded in
nose.core.TestProgram.runTests.  It wasn't hard to subclass
TestProgram and provide a modified runTests method to save the object,
but it would be nice if it was retained and made publicly accessible
as an attribute of TestProgram by default.  I can provide a patch if
need be.

Thanks!
Alan