[TIP] Fwd: Nose and doctests in extension modules...

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:15:28 PDT 2008

Looks like I (again!) failed to send a reply to the whole list. Go me!

Anyway, to summarize in case you don't want to read my whole spiel:
the problem is less with nose than with doctest itself. A new
DocTestFinder subclass will be needed that also looks for docstrings
in builtin functions, since that's what primes.primes is; just telling
nose to look in primes will not help without that. I'll be happy to
accept a patch to nose that implements such a subclass. In fact, I
seem to recall that Titus has commit rights, so he can cut a branch
and get right to work, and if you guys work fast enough it can be in
0.11. :)

JP