[TIP] Nose and doctests in extension modules...

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu Jun 19 19:07:51 PDT 2008

-> I really appreciate your help, I just think that the current situation
-> is still not satisfactory.  For context, all of this concerns NumPy
-> and SciPy: there's lots of interest in those projects in using more
-> doctests, and we recently switched to using nose for all numpy/scipy
-> testing.  But numpy/scipy have gobs of extension code, and adequate
-> support for nose finding doctests in extension code is really a huge
-> issue for us in the long run.

I can't work on this myself, but:

+1

Scientific code depends HEAVILY on C extensions, so this is really
important.

(Fernando, if it isn't fixed by SciPy, let's sit down and fix it
together.)

--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu