[TIP] Column questions.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 24 16:40:08 PDT 2008

Pete <pfein at pobox.com> writes:

> On Jul 24, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> >      Another advantage is that test-driven development,
> >      when used properly, ensures that all written code is
> >      covered by a test.
>
> Ha, really?  Do you write code until all your tests pass, and then
> back slowly away from the keyboard?

Why would you conclude "back slowly away"? Why not "write code until
all tests pass, and then write a new test for the next change to be
made"? The latter is what test-driven development actually espouses,
and does lead to "all written code is covered by a test".

--
 \        “Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so |
  `\     why should they care about it?” —Thomas Hesse, Sony BMG, 2006 |