[TIP] Using one unit test with different input parameters

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 22 21:28:52 PDT 2008

"Jonathan Lange" <jml at mumak.net> writes:

> The source of my frustration [with tests identified by docstring
> synopsis] is the inability to quickly locate a failing test.

Huh? When a test fails, I get a full traceback including exactly where
in the test module the assertion was made. I've never needed either of
the synopsis nor the test name to find the failing test in the module.

Do you see something different?

--
 \           “Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray.” —anonymous |
Ben Finney