[TIP] Plugin API for nose: Expanding one test case into many

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:31:35 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Kumar McMillan" <kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> To lower the barrier of entry for anyone using your tool (and any
>> tool) I would suggest publishing documentation online as HTML.
>
> Which would correspondingly raise the barrier of hosting the code in
> the first place. If the code ever gets to the point where it is hosted
> somewhere other than PyPI, this will be considered.

that's a good point.  There is another approach I didn't mention which
is to create your docs in restructured text and include them in the
description keyword of your setup.py file.  PyPi will display a parsed
version of the reST markup, turning your freely hosted module into a
freely hosted, documented module :)