[TIP] towards 1.0 / code URLS using py.test?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Sat Jan 26 04:39:08 PST 2008

Hey everybody,

as some of you already know i'd like to get a py lib/py.test 1.0 out
in February.  IOW, my sabbatical time which i took after the heavy last EU
period of PyPy developments mid last year ... is over and i am slowly
getting back into gear.

Yesterday, i merged Maciej Fijalkowski's branch into py/trunk which
unified objects used for distributed and in-process testing.
I am going to refine the architecture further.  I generally try to
keep track here: http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk/py/doc/TODO.txt

How could you help with 1.0?

For starters, it'd be great if you mail me URLs of
code or projects using py.test and/or point to custom
conftest.py's (py.test's extension mechanism).

Feel free to also mail me your favourite annoyance or feature
wish along ... or point to ones from other tools.  This all
increases chances that 1.0 will work to your expectations :)

I could use contributions or help (or sometimes just hints) in
the following particular areas:

- integrating py.test with Twisted
- packaging for debian, setuptools
- unix/windows cross-platform communication and process
  deployment

Please feel free to join the #pylib channel on freenode where you
see commits to the code base and have me and a few other contributors
hanging out ...  i am happy to discuss and answer questions there!

I am also particularly interested in collaboration with
other testing tool authors - let's work on improving everyone's
testing experiences and on world wide code quality! :)

best & cheers,

holger

--
py.test: http://pytest.org