[TIP] Systems Testing

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Fri Jan 25 17:39:33 PST 2008

--- Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> Dunno if y'all saw this blog post, but it's really interesting use of
> nose to
> do automated sysadmin tests:

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2008/01/checklist-automation-and-testing.html

I just saw it and I agree 100% with the poster :-)

> Seems like you could take the idea a step further and turn it into a
> monitoring system, a la nagios, but with less suck and more python.

Well, 'taking ideas a step further' is a path that often leads to pain
and suffering. I prefer to apply the KISS principle and keep monitoring
do its job 24x7, while running my automated tests once in a while
(especially after building a system, but also after some bitrot has
been happening).

Grig