[TIP] missing tool for testing tools taxonomy page?

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Thu Jan 10 16:28:31 PST 2008

--- "stefaan.himpe" <stefaan.himpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Anyone has used STAF and STAX ?

I have:

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2004/12/stafstax-tutorial.html

> As far as I understand these are not so much automated testing tools,
> but rather test automation building blocks.
>
> http://staf.sourceforge.net/index.php
>
> Does the fact that it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the archives of
>
> this list mean that it is not relevant or simply that it is unknown?

The testing tools taxonomy page lists Python tools, and STAF/STAX is
not primarily Python. You can insert Python (actually Jython) code in
their XML definition files, but the tools themselves are written in C
(or at least they were the last time I checked, a couple years ago).

But feel free to add them to the PTTT with a caveat that they're not
100% Python, if you so wish.

Grig