[TIP] testing for sysadmins who know bash advice

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Tue Jan 8 11:29:59 PST 2008

Good luck with that. In my experience, sysadmins don't really test
their stuff. I find more and more the need for automated tests for any
non-trivial sysadmin script/task though, so I think you're on the right
track. But it won't be easy :-)

I don't think I'd use doctest though. A lot of sysadmin scripts touch
the file system, so doctest will have problems because you can't expect
a certain precise output. I'd use either nose or py.test.

Grig