[TIP] testing for sysadmins who know bash advice

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:15:59 PST 2008

I am starting to spread the word about Python to many bash
programmers, both by writing articles, in the book I am writing that
is geared toward sysadmins, and finally in person one on one.  Any
suggestions on how to tackle the challenging problem of explaining
python and teaching that testing is a good thing?  I find this to be
reasonably complex, as python is foreign enough, but that last thing I
want to do is turn someone off from Python forever, by getting to
heavy handed with testing.  I suppose I like explaining doctest best
so far, as it is so intuitive, and makes sense to a bash programmer.

Noah