[TIP] What strategies to you use to factor seleniums tests to avoid duplications of the same or similar test steps?

Bob Clancy bob.clancy at verizon.net
Thu Feb 14 06:46:17 PST 2008

Benji, the link that you provided describes this process very well.
I must say that everyone's ideas are coming in faster than I can mentally
process them all at the moment.  (I'm a newbie to all of this and it might
take me some time to catch up with what everyone says.)  The link you gave
helps me to understand what Fred wanted to say.

thanks,
--
Bob Clancy  (9 Lives Software Engineering,  Boston, MA, USA)

Fred Drake wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 8:13 PM, Bob Clancy <bob.clancy at verizon.net> wrote:
>> ... This makes me want to use
>> another framework where I can structure action words to do higher level
>> actions needed in testing.
>
> For Zope 3 applications, there's a zc.selenium package on svn.zope.org
> that provides an interesting approach.

Here's the doctest for the part of zc.selenium that's not
Zope-specific:http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/zc.selenium/trunk/src/zc/seleni
um/pytest.txthttp://benjiyork.com