[TIP] testing html forms

alex argriffi at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 29 07:12:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

I want to start testing my python code.  I have a bunch of function
pairs such that one of the functions returns the html code for a form
(including default field values) and the other function takes a
field_storage object as input and returns an html response.  For my
first test, I want a python function that can convert the html form
output from the first function to a field_storage object that holds the
default field values.  Does something like that exist?  I imagine that a
cleaner solution would be to build the field_storage object as the first
function writes the html, but that would require a bunch of rewriting.
Thanks.