[TIP] new assertion library for unit tests

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Aug 13 07:41:25 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:30:12PM +0100, Michael Foord wrote:
> I will be making changes to assertEquals so that it has a sensible
> implementation (i.e. useful failure reporting) for lists and other
> containers (and long strings) without requiring a separate method.

$ firefox http://www.logilab.org/project/logilab-common
$ wget http://ftp.logilab.org/pub/common/logilab-common-0.33.0.tar.gz
$ tar xzf logilab-common-0.33.0.tar.gz
$ grep 'def assert' logilab/common/testlib.py
    def assertDictEquals(self, dict1, dict2):
    def assertUnorderedIterableEquals(self, got, expected, msg=None):
    def assertSetEquals(self,got,expected, msg=None):
    def assertListEquals(self, list_1, list_2, msg=None):
    def assertLinesEquals(self, list_1, list_2, msg=None):
    def assertXMLWellFormed(self, stream, msg=None):
    def assertXMLStringWellFormed(self, xml_string, msg=None):
    def assertXMLEqualsTuple(self, element, tup):
    def assertTextEquals(self, text1, text2, junk=None,
    def assertStreamEquals(self, stream1, stream2, junk=None,
    def assertFileEquals(self, fname1, fname2, junk=(' ', '\t')):
    def assertDirEquals(self, path_a, path_b):
    def assertIsInstance(self, obj, klass, msg=None, strict=False):
    def assertIs(self, obj, other, msg=None):
    def assertIsNot(self, obj, other, msg=None):
    def assertNone(self, obj, msg=None):
    def assertNotNone(self, obj, msg=None):
$

Implementation is GPL, but we will happily relicense it in case you
would like to reuse parts of it for the standard library.

Hope this helps,

--
Nicolas Chauvat