[TIP] Running figleaf2html gives error

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Aug 3 14:53:25 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:26:19PM +0700, Sinaporn (Pam) Suebvisai wrote:
-> Hi,
->
-> I'm having a problem trying to get a result from figleaf2html. I'm running
-> figleaf with nosetests, which i'm also running with django (i.e. nosetests
-> --with-django --with-figleaf). The output from the previous command line is
-> .figleaf_sections; however, figleaf2html is looking for .figleaf. I also
-> tried to run figleaf2html with .figleaf_sections and getting the following
-> error:

Hi, Pam, sorry for the long delay in response; I made the mistake of
putting this on my TODO list...

The --with-figleafsections plugin for nose currently writes out a file
that is incompatible with the regular figleaf2html script; see

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/pinocchio/doc/#figleafsections-find-out-what-tests-are-executing-which-parts-of-your-code

for some simple docs.

This solution:

-> I've also tried to work around this by adding a line of code in
-> nose_sections.py
->
-> figleaf.write_coverage('.figleaf')
->
-> in 'finalize' function to get .figleaf file and this works fine, but I'm not
-> sure if I'm supposed to do this or am I missing something that I should do
-> to make it work without changing the code.

is completely fine :).  I intend to make a separate 'figleaf' plugin for
nose as part of the next release.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu