[TIP] McCabe Cyclomatic complexity

Michał Kwiatkowski constant.beta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:34:49 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Stefano Masini
<stefano.masini at pragma2000.com> wrote:
>  it seams almost impossible that the only thing out there that
>  calculates the McCabe cyclomatic complexity of Python code is this
>  hacky Perl script!
>  http://www.journyx.com/curt/complexity.html
>
>  Then someone wrote a python wrapper for taking the hack a bit further:
>  http://gdub.wordpress.com/2006/07/09/cyclomatic-complexity-for-python-code/
>
>  I'm wondering: am I the only one looking for cyclomatic complexity of
>  python code? Or is everybody using the above perl script?
>  I took a look at the perl code, and it doesn't seem hard to port it to Python.
>  Anybody trying to use the interpreter parse tree? Or maybe that way
>  it's too complicated.

There is a tool written in Python for calculating cyclomatic
complexity of Python code. You can find it here:
http://www.traceback.org/2008/03/31/measuring-cyclomatic-complexity-of-python-code/
. It uses the compiler module to parse Python source code.

Cheers,
mk