[TIP] Unit and Acceptance testing WxPython

Nate Lowrie solodex2151 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 18:14:42 PDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Chuck Esterbrook
<chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Nate,
>
>  Obviously you have not gotten any suggestions here. (Although I just
>  noticed that the Reply-to goes to the poster, not the list--so maybe
>  you have.) I wish I could provide some, but I'm also wondering what's
>  involved with automating the testing of GUI components.
>
>  Have you gotten any suggestions elsewhere? Have you tried the wxPython
>  list or wiki?
>
>  -Chuck

Chuck,

I haven't gotten any responses, but I figured it out.  I am design the
GUI as a Humble Dialog.  Essentially, it's a MVC architecture in which
the view is as thin a wrapper is possible, with all of the logic
implemented in the controller, which is testable.  It has been working
out really well so far.  Also, I sort of lied when I said I am using
WxPython.  I am actually using Dabo, which is a Pythonic wrapper over
WxPython.  The reason I mention this is that the Dabo UI syntax
results in far less code to create the same application.  So, I can
minimize the view code which means less code overall that is untested.
 If there is interest I could write an article and post it to my
website.

Nate L.