[TIP] Unit and Acceptance testing WxPython

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 17:19:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Nate Lowrie <solodex2151 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a business software project for a client.  I am using
> unittest for my test suite and have written tests so far for the database
> access layer, Object to relational mapping objects, and business logic layer
> objects.  I am using WxPython for the GUI.  I have come to the point where I
> have some requested stories that are GUI functionality only.  An example
> story would be the customer wants to be able to define defaults for field
> values (City, State, Area Code, etc.) in a preference dialog and have the
> fields filled in with the default values when they go to enter a new
> customer.  I am struggling to find some solution that will allow me to do
> unit testing and/or automated acceptance testing for this.  Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nate Lowrie

Nate,

Obviously you have not gotten any suggestions here. (Although I just
noticed that the Reply-to goes to the poster, not the list--so maybe
you have.) I wish I could provide some, but I'm also wondering what's
involved with automating the testing of GUI components.

Have you gotten any suggestions elsewhere? Have you tried the wxPython
list or wiki?

-Chuck