[TIP] form field name length limitations and twill

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Apr 16 17:34:38 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 06:48:41PM -0500, c wrote:
-> I made a stupid mistake. I looked at the script made by the tester and
-> once I expanded the partial field name to the full field name, the
-> script completes successfully.
->
-> However, that does bring up a related issue: Is there a way to get
-> showforms to display the full field name instead of just the first 20
-> characters? Below is an example, take a look at #4, and 5, note the
-> partial name and ellipsis. If we can get the full field names then we
-> can stay in python/twill the whole time instead of having to use the
-> web developer extension on firefox to grab form details.

Suggest a mechanism ('showforms -a'? a config option?) and/or contribute
a patch & I'll do it...  I've felt the same lack myself, so it'll be on
the feature list for the next release.

cheers,