[TIP] Selenium - exception in Python driven mode

David Brochu brochu121 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:37:31 PDT 2008

I have the selenium server running and I'm trying to drive browsers
using selenium (python driven). The server is running using the
following command:

java -jar selenium-server.jar -interactive -multiWindow

My script fails (throws an exception) when I call the selenium.start
() function.

Ex:

from selenium import selenium

browser = selenium("localhost",4444,"*firefox","http://www.google.com")
browser.start()

The browser does spawn, however the following error is seen:

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\selenium.py", line 170, in start
	raise Exception, result
Exception: 0eca522de08b4e17a88b7ef557b364f3

NOTE: 0eca522de08b4e17a88b7ef557b364f3 is the browser session id.

This issue only occurs for me under Windows. Has anyone ever seen this?