[TIP] Writing Separate Functional Tests

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 06:35:40 PST 2007

I have a gigantic threaded beast I need to test, and I want to write
functional tests that supplement the doctests and unittests, but
wanted some advice on the proper way to do this.  I have not seen much
documentation on writing non-web functional tests, my tool is a CLI
tool. The basic thing I want to verify is that my tool creates a XML
file with the information I would expect to be there.  For example, is
there a selenium equivalent for command line tools?

Noah