[TIP] How to concisely describe TDD

adam goucher adam_goucher at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:14:28 PST 2007

The whole TDD finally 'clicked' with me last week at GLSEC. Being a non-developer I had in my mind the notion of a big test which had big code behind it instead of the whole 'only as much code to make it pass' rule which at it's simplistic means object instantiation.

Now I think of TDD as a traffic circle; when you create the initial test, that is you entering the circle. After that, you loop around and around (and around, and around) building out the tests / code until you deem the feature complete at which point you pop out.

I'm not sure if that metaphor helps, but its what clarified it to me.

-adam
http://adam.goucher.ca