[TIP] Windmill

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 5 11:51:18 PST 2007

I have been waiting for a while to announce Windmill to the TIP list.
I wanted most of the initial bug reports to get flushed out and things
to feel generally stable. After our talk last month at baypiggies we
did just that, and in the last 4 weeks we pushed 5 bugfix releases.

So, here it goes.

Windmill is an Open Source AJAX Web UI Testing framework written in
Python and JavaScript originally for testing the Chandler Server Web
Interface at OSAF. After spending time with Selenium we realized we
had a variety of needs that weren't being fulfilled and built Windmill
from the ground up.

Windmill implements cross browser testing, in-browser recording and
playback, and functionality for fast accurate debugging and test
environment integration. Support for Firefox, IE6/7, Safari on
Windows, Linux and Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5.

We are a relatively young project, but we already implement a larger
set of a browser testability than Selenium. We welcome any and all
interest and contribution.

We'll be hosting an IRC Sprint all day tomorrow, Tuesday, November 6th
from 10am - 5pm PST in #windmill on irc.freenode.org. All the windmill
developers will be online to answer any issues you have from install
to continuous integration.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

http://windmill.osafoundation.org/

-Mikeal