[TIP] Mock objects in testing object composition?

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Fri May 18 15:08:53 PDT 2007

--- Kumar McMillan <kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com> wrote:

> There, now If someone can think of a name better than stamock I am
> totally going to make a wikipedia page with a big notice that says
> "not approved by Martin Fowler" :)

How about 'mock' + 'stub' = 'mob'? Mob...wisdom of
crowds....associations are endless.... :-)

For the record, I think there is a theoretical difference between mocks
and stubs (and John Arbash Meinel's message summarizes it very well).
But practice trumps theory every time, and in practice I noticed that
people use these terms inter-changeably, and they mostly use stubs, not
mocks.

Grig