[TIP] Fwd: Testing multi-threaded applications

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue May 8 09:48:29 PDT 2007

Sorry for the top post - long post to reply to,

Shouldn't you use the normal test patterns?

Test the individual components (test each thread as if it was single
threaded).

Test the logic that uses the components (the locking and code that
launches threads).

High level (functional) tests that test the features work as expected.

Michael Foord
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml

Will Guaraldi wrote:
> Whoops--forgot to copy the list.