[TIP] [nose-users] nosetty! (gezunteit)

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:24:27 PDT 2007

On 3/21/07, jason pellerin <jpellerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > nosetty: A plugin to run nosetests more interactively
>
> This is so awesome. What a great idea.

thanks.  I realized it automates exactly what I do every day :)

so far it's been running well for me but keep in mind that the re-run
command will set the current python process to idle and spawn a new
one.  After multiple runs this might eat up your vram!  I'm working on
a better implementation

> Google code only lets project members (who also get svn write access)
> edit the wiki, unfortunately.

that is so incredible lame :(  And I can't believe I didn't know that.
 Why is google afraid to deal with spam?!  sigh.  I guess I'll set up
a real wiki.

> But here's my recipe for use with
> emacs/emacsclient:
>
> 1. Make sure you're running emacs server -- put (server-start) in your
> .emacs, or if you just want to try, put it in some elisp file, select
> it, and M-x eval-region.
> 2. Set your EDITOR to emacsclient (or if like me you're trying out the
> emacs snapshot on ubuntu, but haven't chosen it as your active version
> yet, set it to emacsclient.emacs-snapshot)
> 3. nosetests --tty --tty-edit-cmd="%(editor)s +%(lineno)s %(filename)s"
>
> This will pop the file up in a new buffer (if you didn't already have
> it open, or bring up the old buffer if you did)... make your edits,
> then C-x # to send it back to emacsclient, which will exit, and you
> can continue on your merry way in the tty.

oh, nice, it works :)

thanks, added:
http://code.google.com/p/nosetty/wiki/Recipes

-K