[TIP] ANN: pinocchio 0.1, extensions for nose unit test framework

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:00:13 PDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Titus Brown <titus at caltech.edu> wrote:
> ->   * spec -- generates "specification" output from test class/method names.
>
> I'd just like to pimp Michal Kwiatkowski's spec plugin, which is really
> cool. (In case he's too modest to do it himself... ;)

wh-hoa ... I like it.

since I didn't see any mention of a ticket tracker in the docs, I'm
sending some requests to the list!  First, this is a really cool
plugin and I already want to rename my tests for clarity (how about
that for motivation?).  But here are some things I noticed:

- specs are written to stderr but would be easier to deal with if it
were stdout.  i.e. some of my tests issue warnings and it gets all
jumbled up.
- it looks like generator tests don't reproduce so well
- in fact, it would be great if I could just do
--spec-template=my.module:TheTemplate so that I could customize
formatting a bit.  It seems that camel case isn't fully supported and
when docstrings are used, it displays only the docstring but I'd like
it to show the test name, then the docstring.

anyway, enough vapor, if I get some time I'll try my hand at patching!

Kumar