[TIP] unit testing wxPython wrapper objects.

Nate Lowrie solodex2151 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:54:20 PST 2007

Ok, normally I just run acceptance tests with the GUIs because they
are too costly to write unit tests for.  However, in this instance,
half of the framework that I am testing is actually a wrapper for
wxPython.

Would you suggest mocking wx so I can verify an UI widget without
having to go through the process of starting an app, blah..., blah...,
blah...?  Everything that could be pushed out to mixins has and those
test fine because they don't subclass anything wx, but there is still
several thousand lines of code in classes that subclass wx.

Any help would be appreciated.  I would like to avoid using wx for
unit tests to avoid slow test smells if at all possible.

Cheers,

Nate L.