[TIP] Doctest or unitest?

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Wed Mar 7 08:08:20 PST 2007

Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> - It's harder to name and talk about a specific failing test case when your test
>   case is example 27, about, oh, half-way down foo-feature.txt, compared to
>   "FooTestCase.test_feature_with_all_knobs_turned_off".

For reference, the zope.testing test runner gives you the filename and
line number of test failures, so specifying the exact location of the
failing test is pretty easy.  I would expect other test runners could
implement that easily.

[/me puts on Vim consultant hat] So many tools generate that format that
it's easy give editors the ability to jump right to the file/line of the
failure.
--
Benji York
http://benjiyork.com