[TIP] django fixtures

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 7 07:52:12 PST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:36:21AM -0600, Jeff Bauer wrote:
-> FYI: During Kumar's talk at PyCon last week he mentioned
-> that Django would soon be supporting fixtures.  The code
-> has since been checked into the trunk (and documented!)
->
-> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/testing/#fixtures

Hi, Jeff/Kumar,

I'm all for this kind of thing, but did the name have to be "fixture"?
Isn't this going to get kind of confusing?

"Oh, did the fixture use the fixture to put the data in the database, or
do we need to add that functionality to the fixture?"

(Sometimes I think my habit of free-associating my python package names
simplifies matters -- e.g. twill.  That way, if there's any confusion,
it's at least unrelated to domain-specific keywords!)