[TIP] Beginner Resources

Julius Lucks lucks at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 5 15:16:59 PST 2007

Hi all,

Are there any good resources for someone who is a beginner to test-
driven development.  I have read just a few articles including a
chapter in Dive Into Python (http://diveintopython.org/unit_testing/
index.html), and one on O'reilly's Python Dev Center site (http://
www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2004/12/02/tdd_pyunit.html).

I could follow each of those articles, but was still struggling when
trying to apply some of those same principles to my code, which
mainly deals with scientific programming and bioinformatics.

I would love to know of more in-depth sources that cover the
different types of tests (functional, unit, document, ...), and that
also cover good coding practices to use them effectively.

I appreciate your help,

Julius

http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Lucks