[TIP] Behavior Driven Development (was TDD)

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:51:42 PST 2007

On 3/3/07, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm interested in how many people on this list are doing test driven
> development ?

slightly late to the conversation, but my practice is slightly
different than what most people have written and I thought I'd kick it
into a new subject.

When first begining a project I find that it slows me down if I try to
automate the tests.  I get much more momentum by writing some very
basic exploratory code and manually testing the results.  This stage
usually doesn't last too long since as soon as I have a direction, I
write a test to prove that the desired requirements are met.