[TIP] PyFit/Fitnesse configuration issue

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Sun Mar 4 15:26:31 PST 2007

--- David Brochu <brochu121 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up Fitnesse and PyFit on my machine after being
> convinced
> of the benefits of using Fitnesse at PyCon.

Hi, David -- glad I managed to convince you of the utility of Fitnesse;
I thought I didn't do as good of a job presenting PyFIT/Fitnesse as I
could have during the tutorial (there wasn't a whole lot of time
either).

> For some reason I can't
> get the
> first example in the tutorial (Grig's tutorial) to properly run. I
> know its
> probably something silly I have overlooked in setting everything up
> but I
> can't seem to find the source of the issue.
>
> Wiki page:
> !define COMMAND_PATTERN {python %m %p}
> !define TEST_RUNNER {C:\Python24\PyFit-0.6a1\fit\FitServer.py}
> |eg.Division|
> |numerator|denominator|quotient?|
> |10|5|2|
> |33|11|3|

Looking at my notes
(<http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2004/11/writing-fitnesse-tests-in-python.html>)
I notice that the first line should be:

!define COMMAND_PATTERN {python "%m" %p}

(note "%m" instead of %m)

Minor detail, I know, but unfortunately PyFIT and Fitnesse are finicky
that way....Let me know if it solves your problem.

Grig