[TIP] Functional Testing of Desktop Applications

Vladimir Ignatov kmisoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:08:56 PST 2007

Hello,

> > I'm interested in what other Python programmers are using to
> > functionally test desktop applications - particularly wxPython apps
> > (although QT is pretty nice and worth considering).

I use Python/wxPython for my "hobby" shareware projects and pretty
happy using standard unittest module. The main problem was how to
avoid invoking app.MainLoop(). Luckily wx.Yield or playing with
app.ExitMainLoop() did the trick.

BTW I am still unsure what unittesting GUI part is a good idea.

Vladimir Ignatov