[TIP] PyFit/Fitnesse configuration issue

David Brochu brochu121 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:05:28 PST 2007

I am trying to set up Fitnesse and PyFit on my machine after being convinced
of the benefits of using Fitnesse at PyCon. For some reason I can't get the
first example in the tutorial (Grig's tutorial) to properly run. I know its
probably something silly I have overlooked in setting everything up but I
can't seem to find the source of the issue.

Wiki page:
!define COMMAND_PATTERN {python %m %p}
!define TEST_RUNNER {C:\Python24\PyFit-0.6a1\fit\FitServer.py}
|eg.Division|
|numerator|denominator|quotient?|
|10|5|2|
|33|11|3|

Error output when running the above test
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: python C:\Python24\PyFit-
0.6a1\fit\FitServer.py defaultPath localhost 80 11 error=2
java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown
Source) java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown
Source) java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown
Source) fitnesse.components.CommandRunner.start(Unknown Source)
fitnesse.components.CommandRunningFitClient.start(Unknown Source)
fitnesse.responders.run.TestResponder.doSending(Unknown Source)
fitnesse.responders.ChunkingResponder.startSending(Unknown Source)
fitnesse.responders.ChunkingResponder.access$000(Unknown Source)
fitnesse.responders.ChunkingResponder$RespondingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am running on XP :-( and have Java updated to v5 and I am able to import
fit in Python2.4 (so I assume PyFit is installed correctly).

Please help before I smash this windows box.