[TIP] getting access to the discovered test list

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:32:32 PST 2007

On 2/28/07, bear <bear42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the features I was adding to our custom test runner required me
> building a list of all tests.  I had created my own test loader that made a
> copy of the found TestCase objects.
>
> Is there a way for me to access the test list within nose?

Not with the current version. The loading is all very lazy, so the
list of tests that will be run is only know once the tests have all
been run. Future versions (0.10 specifically) will be better about
this, but future versions are a long way off.

Of course you can do nosetest -v and get a list of all the tests that
were run, but I don't think that's what you're after... Maybe if you
can describe a bit what you need the test list for, I can suggest some
better options.

JP