[TIP] Building a unittest.TestCase from a doctest

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Dec 20 02:13:45 PST 2007

Warning: I haven't read this list for over a week, and missed the
first part of this thread.  So I may be proposing a solution that
doesn't fix the problem that you are actually trying to solve ...

but

If you download the py.test lib you will find a nice program I
wrote to automatically convert unittests to the py.tests

Since nose uses the same format for writing tests, you ought to
be able to run the results of this with nose as easily as with
py.test.  (But, again warning, I haven't tried this).   Then you
are only stuck integrating nose with doctest, which presumably you
already know how to do.

Laura Creighton