[TIP] massive parallel testing in python

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:44:52 PST 2007

> The good news is it definitely shortens the execution wall time,
> depending
> on how many resources you let it have.

Paul,

ATS looks like very interesting stuff.  I will take a look at it this
week.  Thanks to everyone else, for the great suggestions.  On a
related note, I would love to be involved in a testing related Sprint
at PyCon.  I think they, the organizers, are still looking for Sprint
leaders, so if someone is interested in doing more work on parallel
testing in Python, I will show up.  I suppose, I like the idea of
having the ability to scale an arbitrary number of virtual machines as
test nodes, and having the ability to control them to netboot a
"clean" test operating system, build a database, do test, and then
rebuild themselves.  That would be one heck of a Sprint.  What is
great, is that if you have a firewire, or USB 2 drive, you can
simulate something like this on your laptop, quite easily, and then
roll it out into production.

Noah