[socal-piggies] Socal Piggies Hands Up

Ben Abramowitz benjaminabramowitz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 11:54:58 PDT 2014

I am listening. I have yet to contribute. I recently moved to Socal from
the East Coast.
Python is the primary language I use. I really like the NLTK module.

I am definitely interested in attending more regular meetings with other
Python enthusiasts, and a more active mailing list. Not so interested in
VC's or purely entrepreneurial focused initiatives.

I am working on a project to test if it is possible to roughly diagnose
(levels of) anxiety through spoken word patterns. To do this I have been
gathering live conversations between married couples through a set-up of
beaglebone microprocessors and arduino microcontrollers,  and then using
pattern recognition software I wrote in Python 3.4 to process and analyze
the text,  based on a model my research partner created. I don't know if
that is interesting to anyone else or the kind of thing that is right for
this group, but we're open to sharing.